Sunday, April 14, 2013

VOV Eyeshadow Pencil


I have been MIA for so long that I was starting to miss my blog horribly. Managing home, work and not to forget a boisterous kid can be a tough job. Well, even with all this my makeup craze continues especially my search for cheap and wonderful products. Recently while getting bored at a ‘kirana ka dukan’ I spotted some makeup stuff (yes..yess the kirana walas keep makeup stuff these days..how wonderful for people like me J). The one thing that I was interested in was the eyeshadow pencils from VOV (btw I totally love VOV stuff, cheap and extremely high quality). I got a basic bronze to see how it works and I have to say that I am super impressed.



Price: I don’t remember 150 bucks I guess. It has a net weight of 3.5 grams. They are packaged like the chubby sticks from Clinque and the lip stains from Revlon. Love the cute easy to use packaging. All you need to do is glide it across the lids to get the color. No need for brushes and any messy business



Pigmentation and Staying Power: The color is a golden bronze shade which looks lovely on the lids especially when paired with bright red or pink lips. The texture is rich and creamy which means the eyeshadow glides on effortlessly. Unfortunately the creamy texture means it tends o migrate onto things, which includes your hands, other parts of the face. The staying power is almost nil. It is gone in half an hour!!! The color lasts for some time when used with a primer but there is no significant improvement in the staying power. I now use it as a base for my powder eyeshadows, mostly to bring out the color. This is how the color looks on my lids (which are very pigmented) without a primer.




My recommendation: Its cheap and the color is nice but really the time it lasts on the lids is a complete disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Feast for Your Eyes! My New Mac Haul

There are days when you can go completely overboard and fortunately for me (and unfortunately my bank balance) today was one of those days ...