Monday, March 12, 2012

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks: Crème Cup 1, Love that Rust and Peach Tango


I am obsessed with Colorbar products so much so that my hubby now refuses to let me even pass by any Colorbar counter L. I just randomly end up picking anything be it lipsticks, eyeshadows or glosses even makeup brushes. While I love all their products my favorite has to be the Velvet matte lipsticks. Smooth, creamy, intensely pigmented with a lovely matte finish this range of lipstick is definitely one of my favorite makeup products. Moreover these lipsticks are very attractively priced so I don’t have to feel guilty about hoarding so many of these. I have three lipsticks from this range, Love that rust, a beautiful rusty brown shade, Crème cup 1, my favorite nude peachy orange and Peach tango, a peach shade with an overload of shimmer.



Price: INR 220 for 4.2 g approximately (You can get it cheaper online)

What Colorbar Claims

“For a rich lip colour with a creamy shine, the Velvet Matte Lipstick, available in 45 stunning shades infuse the lips with vibrancy. Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. A one of a kind product in India, it has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance while keep them nourished with Vitamin E. Staying on up to 5 hours on application, the Velvet Matte Lipstick can be further accentuated with lip gloss and lip liner."

Packaging

The packaging is kind of cheap with that plastic cap and the silver metallic base. The only consolation is the colored bottom of the tubes which makes it easier to locate the shade.



Pigmentation

The claims by Colorbar regarding the color and formulation is quite accurate. The pigmentation of Colorbar Velvet matte lipsticks is awesome and one swipe ensures you have beautiful color on your lips. The finish is matte but unlike other matte lipsticks these ones are not drying. I have extremely chapped dry lips. Thankfully these lipsticks cover the dryness and pigmentation. Moreover they don’t bleed or transfer onto other things

The staying power is the best part about these lipsticks. They just stay on and on. Even after it fades post all your meals and vada pav, the lipsticks leave a slight tint. Here are the swatches of the three Colorbar lippies I own

Love that Rust

A rust brown shade with a hint of golden in it. Perfect for all the weddings and functions I attend.  My dusky skin just loves this shade





Peach Tango

This is an online purchase. The piece was delivered in this damaged condition and I have used it just once. The shade, a light frosty pink shade looks horrible on me. Moreover I do not like the excessive shimmer. This color might suit fairer skinned beauties more.




Crème Cup 1

I got this as a free goodie with my Colorbar goodies and it is my favorite shade ever. It is a beautiful orange peach shade that fades to leave behind a slight pinkish tint.






15 comments:

  1. I like creme cup, this is the freebie from that new colorbar counter, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too luveeee creme cup..yup its that freebie..I use it almost every other day...

      Delete
  2. creme cup!! me want! is it drying Paro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit maybe but not like other matte lippies..lip balm willsolve the problem if you have extreme dry lips like mine

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know...in fact I am planning to get hot hot hot that you reviewed long back..going thru the red lippies phase:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. its a beautiful shade and will suit u as well...great for all ethnic wear

      Delete
  5. i have love that rust. :) But somehow dont like it much on me. So have put it on sale. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have looked too dark on you..you so gori gori na :) I am dark na so it luks quite gud on me

      Delete
  6. I didn't know color bar lipsticks were so cheap. nice!

    Anusha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup cheap and really nice...I am in love with them

      Delete
  7. Creme cup looks good, but I find this range leaves its stain on lips.. Do you have the same problem??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purchased ColorBar Products from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination . Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/colorbar/

    ReplyDelete

A Feast for Your Eyes! My New Mac Haul

There are days when you can go completely overboard and fortunately for me (and unfortunately my bank balance) today was one of those days ...